Skip to content
Capturing the past - conserving our history
List of archives
View the Catalogue
You are here:
Animals & Livestock
Animals & Livestock
A History of Horton and District Young Farmers’ Club
History of Horton and District young farmers’ club – typed article by D Marsden.
Abstract No1 - 1741 to 1843
001 – Part one – 1741 to 1843 – Includes abstracts of most documents in the packets plus one or two documents that are now missing as originals. In two parts.
Abstract No2 - 1843 to 1859
002 – Part two – 1843 to 1859. Includes most documents in the packets plus a couple not preserved now as originals. In three parts.
Agreement Dated 18 February 1783
– Agreement for exchange of tithes for Top and Poor Folks Close– Trustees of Horton grammar school dated 18 February 1783 School trustees to William and Thomas Heselden and others and James Foster.
Auction of Newland Estate Dated 29 August 1859
Particulars of lands in Horton in Ribblesdale to be sold by auction at the Lion Hotel, Settle dated 29 August 1859.
Auction of Properties at Horton With Plan, in 9 Lots Dated 1956
Auction of Hammond / Foster estate properties at Horton with plan in 9 lots dated 1956
Austwick Agriculture and Quarry
Austwick Fair and Market
Austwick Hall Collection
Collection of material assembled by the owner of Austwick Hall comprising maps, documents, deeds and photographs relating to the history of the Hall, Austwick township and the refurbishment of Clapham church
Bond for Performance of Covenants Dated 17 December 1694
– Bond for performance of covenants dated 17 December 1694 between John Tunstall and Thomas Wilson.
Brayshaw Library Collection
Introduction to The Brayshaw Collection held at Giggleswick School. Thomas Brayshaw (1854 – 1931) was a solicitor living in Stackhouse nr Giggleswick who was a local historian. For more than 40 years he was the recognized authority in matters of local historical interest. He was closely associated with Giggleswick School from attending as a pupil to ...
Catalogue of Show Entries Dated 1950
Catalogue of Horton show entries dated 1950.
Character With Trap
Undated monochrome photograph of character with trap.
Conveyance and Lease Dated 14 & 15 May 1781
– Conveyance and Lease of Newland House dated 14 and 15 May 1781 Rev. Thomas Wilson of Carlisle to James Foster 001 – Conveyance dated 15 May 1781 002 – Lease dated 14 May 1781
Conveyance and Lease Dated 19 and 20 October 1710
– Conveyance and Lease of premises at Newland House dated 19 and 20 October 1710 between Charles Robinson and Thomas Wilson 001 – Conveyance 002 – Lease
Conveyance Dated 16 August 1681
– Conveyance of a close called Mounts Close within Horton dated 16 August 1681 between Edmund Coates and John Tunstall.
Conveyance Dated 3 September 1776
– Conveyance of the estates of the late revd. Thomas Dowbiggin (deceased) according to the directions of his will dated 3 September 1776 William Foster unto James Foster.
Conveyance Dated 5 December 1859
– Conveyance of Newland estate land in Horton in Ribblesdale dated 5 December 1859 from Miss Alice Otter to Christopher Other.
Conveyance Dated 7 August 1847
– Conveyance of a parcel of land on Horton Moor dated 7 August 1847 Thomas Other to William Foster.
Court order 1619
Court Order DL 5/24 dated 1604 or 1605 Austwick vs Selside
Disputed land on Ingleborough
Various documents from the Court of Duchy Chamber concern disputed land on Ingleborough between 1603 and 1619. Maps of Ingleborough drawn by Saxton and Newby were found with these items. The parishes of Austwick, Clapham, Newby and Selside were all involved. See North Craven Heritage Trust Journal 2004 page 13 for further details including pictures of ...
Domesday Project 1986
Domesday Project 1986. A project completed by pupils at Horton primary school for a BBC initiative to prepare a “Domesday Disc” providing contemporaneous information about places covered in the Domesday book. hhg014_01. Project data
Employment & Farming
Article about Mr John Mitton, Town End Farm Stainforth and Messrs J & T Sharp, Town head Farm Stainforth
Search the archive
Follow us on Facebook
Privacy and cookies
Admin log in
Copyright the site owners. All rights reserved. Website by