Langcliffe History Collection
Records in this Collection
A detailed discussion of the Langcliffe Hoffmann kilns and the quarry can be found in ‘Limestone Industries of the Yorkshire Dales’ by David Johnson, Tempus, 2002.
Pictures of buildings, the River Ribble, the lime works and people working at the mills.
The High Mill is the very tall building by the River Ribble reached by a path down over the railway bridge from near the Langcliffe village centre. It has a long varied history and is currently used for making paper products. The mill dam is close by and the path by the dam continues towards ...
The Paper mill, or Old Mill, sits on the Langcliffe/Stainforth parish boundary. It originated as a corn mill, but became a paper mill until recently when it was bought for stone processing.
The Langcliffe Shed Mill was set up in 1780 for cotton weaving, now Watershed Mill commercial premises.
A land purchase in Langcliffe
Memories of Langcliffe village and school in the 1930s and 1940s. Mary Atkin (nee Bland). (8 parts).